What if everything in WordPress works well, but the search system does not? You will never be able to find the content you are looking for. Any website, be it an online shopping or anything business-related, a website is incomplete without a search system, and you cannot afford to stay behind when it comes to features.
Therefore, to improve your search experience, you need to know about the best WordPress Search Plugins, where you can customize the site search according to your need.
Before moving on, check out this amazing list of other plugins:
Various characteristics make a WordPress search plugin amazing and easy to use. Let’s have a look at a few:
- Quick and Precise search- Making any consumer wait for too long does not create a good impression. For the same reason, quick search results are important, so that nobody leaves unhappy. But you also need to make sure that the search results are accurate.
- Clear location of the search bar- Keeping the search bar in an extreme corner or somewhere not at all visible won’t work. Locate your search bar in a place where visitors can easily find out or else they might think that the site doesn’t have one.
- Phrase searching- Another important feature for any site is phrase searching. Only having a good search system doesn’t help, the search bar should also be capable of searching effective and acceptable phrases. Phrase searching that reduces user steps to the final search results. This way, visitors can find their results quickly.
- Categorizing and organizing- How convenient would it be if you can find your results in the respective categories? Categorizing and organizing does the same. You can search for any kind of stuff in the category section where you just need to type the keyword, and you will get numerous search results.
- Clear and concise results- When your visitors search for anything, make sure that they get all the information related to the search. However, the information they get should be quick and clear also with pictures.
- Search logs- Search logs are for a better understanding of customer needs. This characteristic can help your site grow effectively in many ways, most importantly, what your consumer exactly needs or what they expect from you. Search logs are just much more than you ever thought.
The six characteristics discussed above are important in many ways and can help you grow in many criteria. Therefore while developing any website, make sure you have all these points inserted in your search system.
Now that we have seen all the must-have characteristics of a search bar, without wasting any more time let us head straight towards the different WordPress search plugins.
10 best WordPress search plugins
1. Advanced Woo search
One of the popular searches, Advanced Woo search is specially designed to fulfill the needs of visitors. This search plugin is effective and searches through all your products. It is quick and easy to access and has some amazing features that you would want to check out.
Visitors can search for anything they want by just typing the name of the product. They can also use content, categories, tags, and SKUs to look for what they want. Advanced Woo search also provides widgets and shortcodes.
Here are some key features to look for in Advanced Woo search:
- All WooCommerce products are available here.
- You can have your results by just typing the product name or keyword.
- Widgets are very easy to use and quite effective.
2. Ivory Search
A very user-friendly search engine, Ivory search provides you customizations. You can create as many search phrases as you want. It also includes some basic formats like headers, footers, slide bars, etc.
They also give access to interesting widgets that makes your work a whole lot easier. Just like the previous search plugin, Ivory organizes the products so that you can find it in different categories. You can search your products through the titles, fields, contexts, etc. whatever makes you comfortable.
Here are some key features to look for in Ivory search:
- You can create as many search form as you want.
- Is connected with various plugins such as bbpress, WooCommerce, etc.
- Gives you the advantage to display the custom forms anywhere on the site.
3. Swiftype Site Search
Highly customizable and easy to use, Swiftype site search is a very smooth and polished WordPress search plugin, where no coding is required. It is a secured site and doesn’t let anyone trace you. With some amazing features onboard, this one stands out from the rest. You can find all the tools and widgets in an intuitive dashboard.
Automatic updates are one of the features that make the Swiftype site search one of the best and popular engines. Just like the other search systems, customization is the thing for this one as well, and all the results can be found under various sections.
Here are some key features to look for in Swiftype site search:
- No pre-programming or separate programming is required.
- You will find all kinds of synonyms, typos, phrase matching, etc.
- Available in many languages.
- You can edit the content whenever you want.
- Has an intuitive dashboard.
4. Reactive search pro
If you are looking for the best search experience, then try using Reactive search pro without having a second thought. You will get piles and piles of features here that are easy to cope up with. Just like WordPress themes, you will get a color palette, range box, and a lot more that you could have ever imagined.
A new feature added to this search plugin is the map autocomplete. This one lets you search the products from any part of the world, but for that, make sure you use the geo box data. Reactive search pro is supportive of Grid Builder and WooCommerce. Other features are the drag and drop builder and in-depth documentation. This is a must-try search engine.
Here are some features to look for in Reactive Search pro:
- More than 20 attributes available.
- Drag and drop builder available.
- Google map integration.
5. Better search
Eliminating the bad and updating the new is what Better search follows. It replaces the default system with the new ones for the visitors to get some really quick results. You can easily customize your posts and pages using this search system. It also allows you to customize the results according to your needs.
The more importance should be given to the title or the write up also depends on you. Various filters and widgets can be put into action to create wonders. The plugin has a cool feature called the search heat map. It detects the aptest results and you can see them on your screens.
Here are some key features to look for in Better search:
- The setup is easy and quick.
- Custom CSS support
- Heatmap lets you see the results from different locations.
- New filters and widgets are available.
6. Ajax Search Lite
Very quick and responsive, Ajax search lite surely stands out from others. It is customer friendly and supports all kinds of devices. With some really good features, you can customize the page the way you want and add animations as well. It is a well-organized search system and you can find everything under different sections.
Ajax comes along with CSS3 and SVG icons to manage the brightness that is good for your eyesight. This is one of the very few systems that shows the results along with the images, which is a huge plus point. The integration of google analytics is also inserted for a better understanding of your consumer’s needs.
Here is some key feature to look for in an Ajax Search Lite:
- Customizations are brilliant with all the features and animations.
- It takes care of your eyesight.
- Supports all kinds of devices.
- Fully AJAX powered.
7. ACF: Better Search
A little different from other WordPress search plugins, ACF can be used only if you have the Advanced Custom Fields activated on your WordPress. Through this, the customers will be able to find more accurate searches in the default search engine. With all the features and widgets, the system becomes more interesting and cool.
This plugin allows you to search for anything using the numbers, ids, text, and images. It has an in build lite system which allows you to search faster. The good thing is that this plugin won’t take much of your storage and will keep it light.
Here are some key features to look for in ACF: Better search:
- Easy to use and very quick.
- Lite mode is available.
- Works on Advanced Custom Fields.
Full of features and configurations, Relevanssi works the best for those who love fancy stuff. It includes phrase matching, accurate search, and widgets. Again, like many other search plugins, you can find the product just by the title or the tags. A new feature added to the list is the suggestion searches where a lot of “did you mean(s)” are added.
A user-friendly engine that also supports bbpress and WooCommerce. There are different plans available for this particular system and if you choose the larger database plan then make sure you use the search throttling for a better experience.
Here is some key feature to look for in Relevanssi:
- Phrase matching and other features are available.
- Fully organized and categorized.
- Supports other plugins
- Search throttling available for larger databases.
9. Search WP
Search WP is a very easy going engine filled with features and more. You will get quick and accurate results with images. Customizations are available in this one and trust me, it works more than great. However, plugins should be installed for better configuration. This is necessary as your visitors would want to surf all parts of your site.
Features and widgets are available and the site is all sorted according to the headings. You can turn your posts and other write-ups into PDF and other documents. It is friendly with other plugins such as bbpress and WP job manager.
Here are some other key features to look for in Search WP:
- You can search and order e-commerce products easily.
- Automatic integration is available.
- Friendly with other plugins.
- Can convert the posts into PDFs.
10. Ajax Search Pro
One of the best and most popular WordPress search plugins, Ajax Search Pro is full of features and widgets. It is very customizable. It provides you with more than 50 themes for you to create something fascinating. The whole theme on which the search engine is placed is beautiful and full of colors. Ajax is easy to use and the results they provide are quite accurate.
It also has the live ajax search feature that allows the smooth running of the engine and dishes out the results in no time. Like others, google analytics is available. Another good thing is, it has customer support that solves any query or problem you face. If you are looking for some classy and genuine stuff, this is a must-try.
Here are some key feature to look for in Ajax Search Pro;
- Supported by several devices.
- Has inbuilt themes.
- Supports images.
Here we come to an end of our list of top 10 best WordPress search plugins. Each of those discussed above is interesting and has a lot more to provide. The features and widgets are amazing and you can use any of the above in any part of the world. All of them are different in their ways, having their strengths and weaknesses. All of them are a must-try, so go and check them out.
If you found this article helpful, let us know in the comments section below. And make sure you follow WP Uber for the latest updates on themes and plugins.
WP Uber is a WordPress management agency that provides detailed site health reports and customized security solutions for WordPress sites.