WordPress is one of the most popular Contents Management System and an easy to use Website creation platform. Nowadays it is vastly used and there is a significant increase in usage of it for creating blogging websites. Now in every website, there should be a way by which the users could directly contact the site admin or editor and it increases engagement with the readers or users of that site. That’s why you should add a contact form to your WordPress site.
Now WordPress does not come with a built-in contact form. If you are wondering how to create a contact form on a WordPress website, you are in the right place. Here I will be discussing how can easily add a contact form to your WordPress site all by yourself. So, keep reading.
Now Why It Is Important to Add a Contact Form To Your WordPress Website?
So, one might think why they need to add a contact form in their WordPress site when you can just give your email address or interact through with social media. From a beginner’s point of view, it makes more sense but in reality, the contact form is more efficient and can give your visitors a lot more flexibility.
Not only that, by using a contact form in WordPress you can make some details mandatory that make it easier to categorize and identify visitors. Also, no previous coding skill is required to create a contact form in WordPress. So, no need to worry.
Here are some facts to understand the importance of adding a Contact Form In Your WordPress Website.
- Control Over Required Information: By using contact forms you can make some contact information requirements mandatory. So, visitors will give their information in a uniform manner, and collected data through your site will be kept in an organized manner.
- Time Efficient: Contact forms can save you a lot of time in many ways. For example, suppose you used an email address instead of a contact form and some visitors send you an email about some query. Now to tell him/her that it will take 24 hours to give a proper response you have to send him/her another email and they may have to send more based on the situation. But if you use contact forms, you can add a feature that will show a text stating the 24 hours response time after successful submission. Also, you can suggest further steps by using contact forms.
- Easy communication: Contact forms makes communication easy between visitors and website owner. It doesn’t take you to write a whole email. Visitors just have to fill in some information and write their query or comment and click submit.
- Protection From Spam: There is a major disadvantage of using an email address as the mode of communication with your visitors as spambots will start scraping your website. That means you will receive a lot of spam emails on your email address. But contact forms protect you from spam as it does not involve revealing personal email addresses.
- Regain Visitors: Do you know that 77% of your website visitors never visit the site again after leaving. It is not because that your content is bad or anything, it’s because either they forget or click any other site in the google search result. Well, Contact forms can help you regain your visitors by sending them emails and update them with many campaigns that are going on on your site.
I hope you understand the benefits of using the contact form on the WordPress website. Now let us see how can we add a contact form in WordPress step by step.
How to Add a Contact Form in WordPress
Now to create a contact form on the WordPress website you have to follow these simple steps and you will be able to add a contact form to your site all by yourself.
Step One: Choosing the Right Contact Form
So, the first step to add a contact form to your WordPress site is to choose the best contact form plugin. A good contact form plugin is a plugin that is easy to set up, does not reduce the loading time of the site, and works perfectly.
Now there are a lot of free or premium contact form plugins available. So, you might be confused about which one is the best. Well, here are some top contact form plugin according to our preference
- Formidable Pro
- Ninja Forms
- Contact Form 7
- Gravity Forms
So, as you can see your best recommendation is to use WPForms. Why do you ask? Well, there are multiple reasons like
- WPForms is the easiest to use and beginner-friendly contact form plugin. With WPForms, all it takes to create a contact form is to use drag and drop builder and some clicks.
- It is totally free (WPForms Lite version). So, you will be able to create both simple and advanced contact forms for free.
- When you become familiar with the features, you can upgrade to WPForms Pro which a pretty powerful plugin.
Hope you understand why I am recommending WPForms. Now let’s see how to download and install WPForms.
Step Two: Download and Install WPForms
Now we will download WPForms Lite and install it. Follow these steps:
- Go to your WordPress website and go to the WordPress dashboard.
- Now go to Plugins and click on Add New.
- Next, type WPForms in the search box located in the upper right corner.
- You will see the WPForms plugin.
Now Click on the Install Now button. It will start installing.
- After successfully installing the plugin, you have to activate it.
- Just click on the Activate button and it’s done.
After that you will be redirected to a new page in your WordPress website and also there will be a new option “WPForms” in your WordPress dashboard from where you will be able to access the WPForms menu.
Step Three: Create a Contact Form in WordPress
After the successful installation of WPForms, the real work starts. Let’s create a contact form for your WordPress website. Follow these steps.
- Open your WordPress site and go to Dashboard.
- Click on WPForms and then click Add New in your WordPress admin area.
- This will take you to the contact form setup page.
- Now you have to enter the form name.
- Next, select the Simple Contact Form as a template. It is a pre-built form that includes these default form fields– Name, Email address, Comment, and submits button.
- Now the WPForms drag and drop form builder will be opened. Here you’ll see a pre-built ready-to-use simple contact form.
- If you are okay with this form and layout, save it.
- If you want additional details field in your contact form, just simply drag the fields from the left-hand side panel to the right-hand side panel.
Now if you want to use some fancy custom form or Payment fields, you have to upgrade to WPForms Pro as the lite version only supports standard templates. You might think what is the requirement of more advanced forms? Well, you might need advanced templates or custom templates when you make contact forms like order forms, donation forms, survey forms, etc.
The process of adding fields is the same for custom templates. You can also use the Field Options tab.
Once you have completed these, save them and start the next day.
Step Four: Set the Notification and Confirmation Settings in your WordPress Contact Form
Configuring Notification Settings
Setting notifications for your WordPress contact form is very important as it allows you to get an alert whenever a visitor submits a form on your site. But it may create problems as it will send you an email every single time someone submits a form on your website. Depending upon the visitor count, it might be a big number. So, you might want to disable it from the dropdown menu.
You can also use smart tags in WPForms. It sends an alert to your site visitors when they complete a contact form and lets them know that you have received their response.
Now let’s talk about configuring the confirmations of your WordPress contact form.
Configuring Confirmation Messages
So, you might think about what is confirmation message and why you need it in your contact form? Basically, it is a short note which is displayed to site visitors after the successful submission of a contact form on your site. You can also tell your visitors what their next steps are after submission of the form (if any) and also it confirms that their response has been taken.
If you use the WPForms plugin, you will find 3 types of a confirmation messages to choose from. These are:
- Message – It allows you to show a quick note to the visitors letting them know that their form was submitted. It is chosen as default in WPForms.
- Show Page – It redirects your site visitors to a different page like a thank you page after they submit a form.
- Go to URL (Redirect): This one sends your visitors to a different website.
Now lets talk about how to set confirmation message on your site.
- Go to dash board and click on Settings
- Now select Confirmation. The confirmation tab will open.
- Next, choose the type of confirmation massage you want to add in your site. For example, if you want to message Message, select message and enter the message you’d like your visitors to see and click Save.
Now let’s publish that customized contact form on your site.
Step 5. Embed the WordPress Contact Form in Your Website Page
We have almost come to the of the process. In this step we will add your configured contact form to the page. Just follow these steps.
- First, you should create a new page in WordPress or use an existing page and edit it to add the contact form.
- Now open WPForms block and click on the add new block button located on the top upper left corner, to look for WPForm. Click WPForms widget.
- You will find WPForm block in the content area of your page.
- Click on the drop down menu and select the contact form you have created before.
- Now, WPForms will load show you a preview of the contact form inside the editor. If you like it, save it and publish it in your page.
- Now go to that page and see if the contact form is working properly or not.
Here’s how your contact form will look like on an actual WordPress page:
That’s pretty much all to add the contact form on the page.
But If you want to add a contact form on the sidebar or on another widget area, follow step 6.
Step 6. Adding WordPress Contact Form in a Sidebar
To add a contact form on the sidebar follow these instructions.
- Open your website and go to your WordPress admin area.
- Now go to Appearance and click Widgets.
- Find the WPForms widget from the list and drag it into any widget-ready areas of your theme.
- After that, enter your widget title and select the form you have created before.
- Now, save the settings and its done.
visit your site to see the contact form in action.
I hope this article helped you and answered most of your queries. If you liked the article, leave a comment bellow and don’t forget to share with your friends. Thank you for Visiting us, have a nice day.